Kubernetes is a Google-developed system for container orchestration and is frequently used with Docker containers. Minikube is an easy way to run Kubernetes locally to facilitate learning, development and testing. Minikube supports a variety of virtualization systems on Windows, OS X, and GNU/Linux.
Come to this talk if you want to learn:
- What Docker containers are
- What Kubernetes is
- How to install and run Kubernetes using Minikube
- How to explore Kubernetes concepts with Minikube
- Different options for desktop virtualization of your Minikube
- Reasons why Kubernetes (despite the hype) might not be the right choice for you
Warning: There will be numerous references to 80s skater movies throughout the talk.