In today’s software development space, software companies and individual developers face a difficult challenge in supporting the various platforms available to their users. More often than not, the solution to this challenge has been to create individual platform specific versions of their software products.
Although this solution works, it introduces additional time and complexity in maintaining and extending their software which increases the overall cost to deliver solutions. For software companies and individual developers facing this challenge, Xamarin provides a viable solution to reduce complexity and cost.
With Xamarin, software companies and individual developers have the tools needed to deliver cross platform solutions that target iOS, Android, Windows (UWP), and Mac from a single codebase. (More platforms are in development) Using C#, Xamarin, and proper architecture, application solutions can share 75% of code across all targeted platforms.
By adding Xamarin Forms to share UI (User Interface) code, application solutions can share over 96% of code across all target platforms.
The objective of this workshop is to teach you how to use Xamarin and Xamarin Forms to create cross platform solutions. Here is a list of some of what you will learn:
- Creating Cross Platform Applications Using Xamarin
- Sharing Business Logic
- Using Xamarin Forms to Create Cross Platform User Interfaces
- Creating a Clean Architecture
- Leveraging Azure App Service Mobile Apps for Data Synchronization, Authentication, and Notifications
- Windows Laptop/Computer or MacBook with the latest version of Visual Studio 2017 / Xamarin Installed
- Some knowledge of C#, .NET, and Visual Studio
* Setup instructions will be provided before the workshop
Richard Taylor is a 25-year software development and technology professional living in Huntersville, NC. His experience includes the design and development of small to enterprise class applications.
|8:00 am||Cross Platform-Application Development via Xamarin (Part 1) Richard Taylor|
|12:00 pm||Lunch (on your own)|
|1:00 pm||Cross Platform Application Development via Xamarin (Part 2) Richard Taylor|
|7:00 pm||Pre-Conference Drinks at Rusty Bull Brewing Co.|